Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Microphone At Makerere University

During one of my A’ Level Literature in English Lessons, I remember reading a poem entitled The Beggar in which the poet said that after seeing the beggar on the street, he had seen the whole of his nation. The poet saw the beggar’s wretched state and believed that his country was like him.

Similarly, I have seen in my class (LLB I) a microphone and believe I have seen my nation. In the middle of last semester, our class microphone broke down. It is supposed to assist us during lectures by amplifying sound for easy communication. The class representative tried to follow it up but for a long time he was told that the person supposed to repair it had gone to Rwanda where he was allegedly scheduled to stay for two weeks and so the university was waiting for him to return. Apparently, the man stayed there more than two weeks because the microphone was never repaired and up to today, it has never been!

This leaves me with so many unanswered questions. Is it possible that the whole university has only one person able to repair a microphone such that during his or her absence then lectures may not proceed? Since this is a university training technologiers and graduating many every year, can’t those students be called upon to perform such minor repairs as a matter of last resort? Otherwise, what are they studying? In any case, is the university totally and completely unable to purchase a new one in case this microphone is spoilt for good? These and others are some of the unanswered questions roving in my head.

The same apply to the class white board which was written on with erasable markers and up to now no spirit has ever been availed to clean it. It remains dirty all over without anywhere else to write. One of our lecturers mocked us saying that it seems we are used to poor service from Universal Secondary and Primary Education. Clearly, nobody seems to be caring.

As I pointed out earlier, when I look at this, I see the dire situation of my country. To me, this is an indicator of a country where hardly anybody cares. The situation is so bad that one wonders whether there is anybody seriously in charge. The story of this microphone and white board is a microcosm of the poor management and administration characteristic of this country. My only prayer is that may God bless the pearl of Africa.