Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

THE UGANDAN DREAM

I sank into the snowy cushions of Magherita
The highest peak of Rwenzori-the mountain of the moon
And from up here,
I watched the new moon smile at me,
Stretching out its twilight arms to stroke my dreamy face?

I sank deeper into the cushions
Down to the Semiliki River
And rolled into the Victoria
Nalubaale- the natives call it-
There, my fins developed and I sped
Through the waters like the emputa-
The much cherished Nile perch
I zoomed passed the mamba- lung fish- and the water weeds
Under the floating roots of the water hyacinth
and smiled at the mukene-silver fish

Phew!
I dodged the fisherman's net
And stormed down the Victoria Nile
Like the salmon up in North America
I catapulted down the Bujagali falls

As I was about to dive back into the foamy waters
My fish-eagle wings developed and gracefully,
I soared high into the clear sky
Higher and higher I rose
Eastward, the wind guiding me
Until I could see the Masaba-the Elgon Mountain
Covered by foliage of Arabic coffee
I headed northward, towards Kidepo National Park?

I reached down for the green shrub
It tasted salty, but satisfying
I turned my graceful giraffe-neck to watch
The warthog scramble for a mud bath,
The Zebra and the Buffalo walk side by side
I heard the distant laugh of the hyena
And smiled at the pink flamingo
Splashing water on its dry back

I looked up at the sun
Warm, yellow and bright
Kissing my rather long back side
On which rested an Egret

From the corner of my eye,
I caught the stealth of a long back
Extending to a long tail of the Cheetah?
Crouched low on all fours, I waited
For the perfect chance, then leapt and charged
I ran fast-very fast and just as I was about to snap my jaws shut on the rodent, it disappeared into a hole?

Down inside, I panted?exhausted
My hind leg hurt
I lifted it to give it a lick, my long ears twitched
I lay down panting, my heart bounced in my chest
My nostrils sipped in the air at an alarming rate
I looked at my store of roots and nibbled at a cassava tuber,
My hare instincts calming down

Outside the rains started
The once bright light entering my burrow
turned grey
I loved the smell of wet soil
So much
I curled up in a ball of fur and slept

Later I woke up in my room
Wow
What a Ugandan Dream!!

By Daniel R. Ruhweza
Attorney-At-Law