Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Be Very Afraid: Facebook Could Be A Spy Agency!

By Bakampa Brian Baryaguma
bsaint3@gmail.com

Dear reader, probably you didn’t expect to receive such news or revelation…that you could be spied on via Facebook. That popular internet social networking site could be used to monitor your e-mail communications! Please, read on as I take you on a journey of my personal experience with Facebook recently.



Joining Facebook

I joined Facebook in around August, 2009. Long before I had been asked to join but declined because I feared for my privacy. I often heard that anyone from around the world could search and find you on Facebook and it is this that scared me most. I later joined because finally I felt prevailed upon when my World Bank friends told me to join an essay competition participants’ forum on Facebook. I therefore, joined thinking that it was just about this forum; only to find myself open to the whole Facebook thing.



Trouble with Facebook

My woes began a few months of joining, precisely in November, 2009. When you join Facebbok, you are asked to provide your e-mail address and its password. They are these you use to open your Facebook account and I gladly provided them with my Yahoo Mail contact. But my conscience told me that my e-mail privacy was at stake and I decided to change my password––the first time since I opened it four years ago. Immediately I was told that some features had been disabled including Facebook! I wondered what the connection between the two was. A few days thereafter, I tried to access my e-mail address but failed. I was told by Yahoo Mail that my account name and/or password were invalid! This continued until I gave up in December. So I opted for G Mail thinking that Yahoo was the problem.

Meanwhile, I still opened my Facebook account with this bcaint3@yahoo.com address.



In January, 2010, I was told, on Facebook, that Facebook had detected that my e-mail was no longer operational and that they required me to have a valid address. I was therefore asked to update my e-mail settings. I typed in my new G Mail address bcaint3@gmail.com only. I was shocked to find on the settings page, that Facebook had automatically got my G Mail password! The passwords were different. I got scared and decided to change the password on G Mail and ever since I did, I have never accessed this e-mail address too! That is when it dawned on me that all along Facebook was the source of my woes. I have since regretted why I joined Facebook.



Connivance with e-mail service providers

There seems to be an understanding between Facebook and e-mail service providers like Yahoo and Google with a view to assist the managers of Facebook have access to clients’ e-mail exchanges. Because, how and where on earth would Facebook get my G Mail address password in the absence of such agreement? I had agreed with G Mail that my password was to remain private. The reason for this could be security related. The last time I checked, USA was controlling the internet and I suspect that they are using Facebook as an anti-terrorism tool and advancing their imperialist agenda. Facebook could be used to hoodwink us. Surely, why would Facebook need your e-mail address and password to operate? It is like someone creating drama next to your door only to leave your house open and they enter and search for anything they want. Be very afraid indeed.



Please, forward this message to your friends.