Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

If Life Were A Dream…

By Bakampa Brian Baryaguma
 bsaint3@gmail.com

Last night I had a sweet dream. That I was on my way from somewhere it seems I had been working for some days and now I was returning home. Dear reader, forgive my tone of uncertainty. You know, dreams are funny that they can begin anyhow and anywhere. I won’t labour so much explaining this since I am sure you have personally dreamt before.

Anyway, I was pushing a bicycle on which were tied my tools and implements although now I don’t remember exactly what they were. Sounds funny. Doesn’t it? I was traveling on a familiar road in Kampala, Kitante road precisely. I wonder why this one of all roads. I think it is because my mind is fixated. You see, this is the road I use on my way home.

I felt extremely tired and often I stopped to rest a bit. I remember stopping at a place where there were some youths arguing about something, when I picked my phone to check the time. Then these guys started behaving suspiciously. Suddenly they started whispering and turning to look at me. I feared for my life and quickly moved on leaving them behind.

At another point, I had stopped again to rest when I saw the boys walking very fast towards me, bearing mean expressions on their faces. One of them, realizing that I had noticed something, overtook the rest. Being the reasonable man I am known to be, I sensed that I was finally in real trouble. So I did what all along I was scared of doing. Guess it. You almost got it right, my dear. I shan’t stop reminding you not to mind these interjections. It is for purposes of making this dream story more entertaining.

Well, I climbed my bike and rode it as fast as my body could permit. When I looked behind my back to see the boys, I noticed that they were walking slowly, gazing at me with an apparent expression of loss. It was as though they were saying that, “Oh boy, we lost him! No deal today. Damn!” Oh God, this world! I thanked the good Lord for saving me yet again.

To my dismay and surprise, I found two large potholes on the road and there were several vehicles too. In spite of the fact that I rode at a supersonic speed, I dodged them with such ease and great skill that one would think I were a world bike racing champion. At the Kitante Primary School zebra crossing, I found two reckless children playing football in the middle of the road. I couldn’t stop suddenly so I mastered the art of dodging unexpected obstacles and passed between them. None was injured. But I was so scared that I woke up from my sleep.

I observe that dream land is a place where virtually anything is possible. Indeed, if life were a dream, this world would be a paradise of sorts. For instance, there would be jobs for unemployed young people like me; food would be in plenty even flooding the starving people of Somalia; devastation and suffering like that due to climatic changes and earthquakes would be unheard of. Plus, I wouldn’t have hustled writing this nice story for you to read as it would have written itself or written with maximum ease.

Reader, the list is endless. You can fill in the missing gaps or letters if you want. Adieu.