Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Hungry Is Angry Indeed


A long time ago, a certain sage remarked that a hungry man is an angry man and this message crossed my mind many times. In spite of all this however, I had never had ample opportunity to fully appreciate the wisdom in it. Fortunately though, today morning I did.

Of recent my friend, James has not had a harmonious relationship with his bankers who decided to withhold all his money claiming that his bosses ordered them not release it. Having been on study leave for two years, James thought that his military superiors had actually issued the order, although he wasn’t sure why. Prudence required him to consult them and when he did, they denied knowledge of it.

Confused, James went back to the bankers to report this response and to protest their decision to deny him access to his money. The bankers maintained that they couldn’t release any money, insisting on having received contrary orders from the military, although without citing any particular officer.

Disgusted, he called asking me the way forward. He proposed going to court but I advised him against it considering that it is very time consuming and costly. I advised him to utilize administrative remedies and procedures first. So I told him to first pursue the mater with Bank of Uganda, being the regulatory authority.

Seeing wisdom in this proposal and well knowing my writing prowess, James invited me to his place to do the necessary documentation. This I gladly did, for it was stated that a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Now, late in the evening, one of James’ girlfriends called Mary rang him saying that she was on her way coming on an impromptu visit. This friend of mine has an eye and high appetite for girls; hoping that you understand what I am saying. Shortly after her arrival, we went out for dinner in one of the best restaurants around town, courtesy of James. We gormandized beef as the two guzzled beer and spirits while I quenched my thirst on sodas since I don’t drink alcohol. I must confess that we had a wonderful moment. The two love birds were all over each other so much so that only the blind and insensitive would not notice. It seems this girl is one of his favourite.

We returned at midnight and slept till late in the morning, when James and I embarked on finalizing our writing. Like many bachelors’ houses, there wasn’t any food in the house, yet we were all hungry, probably like never before. To make matters worse, there wasn’t any water in the house. Not even to boil a cup of tea! It appears Mary was worse off than anybody else as she started pestering James to go find food and water, but James seemed disinterested. It was as though they had had a prior dispute.

As if conforming to the adage that where peace fails, force applies, she became somewhat violent, shouting her demands loudly. Sensing trouble, I chipped in supporting Mary, upon which James felt obliged to go fetch water and buy some snacks for breakfast. Soon it was ready and calm returned to the house. Mary was able to smile again, chat and shower him with more romance.

As for me, I had learned my lesson––that a hungry (wo)man is an angry (wo)man. At least I didn’t just stop at eating, drinking, writing and mediating. I was certain that hungry is angry indeed; the chief benefit of my visit.