Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

RESIGNATION FROM THE CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW COMMITTEE

Makerere University,
School of Law,
P.O Box 7062, Kampala-Uganda
Monday, 13 December, 2011

TO:
THE RIGHT HONOURABLE SPEAKER,
MAKERERE LAW SOCIETY,
P.O. BOX 7062, KAMPALA-UGANDA

Mr. Speaker, Sir,

RE: RESIGNATION FROM THE CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW COMMITTEE

Following my protest walk out of the 3rd session of the Constitutional Review Committee, held on Tuesday, 6 December, 2011 and further, after thoughtful consideration, I have deemed it necessary to step down and resign from the said Committee, to which, hitherto, I have been a member. The following were and still are the reasons for my decision:-

1. The Committee’s continued unseriousness in so far as it repeatedly adopts time wasting procedures; moreover, in total disregard of otherwise useful guidance on such small but significant matters. It is much better for me to spend this time more beneficially like discussing with my classmates.

2. Your keen interest in continuously misleading some of your personally appointed Committee members, whose innocent minds you apparently biased to believe that, listening to me would be tantamount to imposition of my proposals upon them. You and your deputy’s refusal to honourably step down from the Committee was a calculated move to perpetuate this unscrupulous behaviour.

3. Your unwavering indulgence in clearly unlawful practices, of reshuffling Committee members by smuggling new ones on the Committee, whom you feel that are more favourable to your interests, in the guise of what you call ‘popular demand from MLS members’.

For the aforesaid reasons, my conscience cannot allow me to participate in a process which, like I said before, will not result into anything good and sensible. Therefore, I hereby officially resign my membership on the Constitutional Review Committee.

I thank you very much for having headed my call to look into this constitution matter and, of course, for having given me the opportunity to be part of this should-have-been noble activity. I wish you and other Committee members fruitful deliberations.

Yours sincerely,

..................
Bakampa Brian Baryaguma
bsaint3@gmail.com; www.bbbakampa.blogspot.com

cc: His Excellency the President
Right Honourable Deputy Speaker
Committee Chairperson
General Notice Boards