Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Friday, February 8, 2013

How The Coup Propaganda Has Affected Me Personally



By Bakampa Brian Baryaguma
[Dip. Law (First Class)–LDC; Cert. Oil & Gas–Mak; LLB (Hons)–Mak; Dip. LP Candidate–LDC]

If you thought that the recent and fast fading Museveni-Kiyonga-Aronda coup propaganda is just politics, only affecting and concerning politicians, then sooner than later you may have to rethink and reconsider your stand. I was more or less like you until yesterday when I encountered the bitter truth albeit from a personal perspective as I shall shortly reveal here.

Of course, there is no doubt that the coup talk is very bad for our beloved country, Uganda, especially, given its consequences, whether real or potential. For instance, first, it is a huge setback in our political and democratic progress. Second, it will definitely scare away investors – both local and foreign – more so the latter. Trust me, no sane industrialist or entrepreneur wants to invest their hard earned money in an environment that lacks stability or prospects of it. Third, directly flowing from this is high unemployment rates which are already chocking this country to death, considering that at least 65% of our potential workforce is unemployed especially, the youth. Fourth, and last but not least, all these inevitably culminate in increased crime rates. I could go on and on but today is not the time for me to discuss national interest matters. Rather, I have dedicated this moment to discussing the impact of national issues on my person and my person’s interests, with emphasis on the ongoing coup talk.

Now, here goes my rather short story leading to my predicament. Lately, I have been dating (better still, vibing) a girl (name withheld on my own motion). I reasonably believe that I stood high chances of winning her over. She was really good and as the doctors would say, “Responding very well to stimuli”. She smiled for me nicely and whenever she did, I felt a sudden shiver glide sweetly down my spine. Her sweet words for me felt like refreshing, fast flowing waterfalls, rolling down my body on a hot and clear sunny day. Her body was lovely and gorgeous – so much so that even Miss Universe was no match for her. Her wisdom and words charmed me and I think somewhat held me hostage (it never happened before and never will it again. I felt like I was over the moon; far away in the universe – perhaps on the sun itself. I busked in appreciated and reciprocated love. I thanked my God; the Most Loving, Most Merciful, for my newly found pleasure, for it felt just like heaven itself.

Alas! All this came to a dead end yesterday when I met this girl, my perceived Ms Gorgeous, the nucleus of my life. She was moody, withdrawn, uncaring and non-responsive. Her attitude towards me was very negative. She denied me the usual courtesies like hugging and kissing that had hitherto characterized our companionship. In short, she was cold and unwelcoming. I asked her what the matter was. She remained quiet. I asked again. She remained mute. I persisted and there came the bombshell: “There has been a coup,” she said. I couldn’t believe it. “A coup! How come! It’s impossible! Coups are for President Museveni and his army,” I thought to myself. I asked her to explain but she refused. My efforts and endeavours had hit a snag – a permanent one, I think. Oh God! How life can be unfair!

If you thought that global and national issues were the preserve of diplomats and politicians, here is your answer. These things, however distant they may seem, can really mess you up. For instance, I had braced myself for a fantastic Valentines Day this year round. I hoped for tender love and care (TLC). Clearly, I cannot have it. I have to wait longer. Now, I must sue those responsible for promoting this coup talk. They must compensate me in damages for the injuries suffered. I shall also join Luwero Woman MP, Ms Brenda Nabukenya, in prosecuting them for encouraging treason. So help me God.