Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World

Celebrating the Love of Friends in a Loving World
Red Roses for You, My Sweet Friends ... Total Love.

My Sweet Friends

My sweet friends,

We grow closer to each other;

When we interact together and share ideas;

The common faith that we share,

Binds our hearts in one accord.

For sweet friendships last a life time,

When built on mutual respect, humility and understanding;

Throughout each different season,

We find we are one in life.

Sweet friends are there through times of grief;

And times when hope is gone;

Always there with encouragement;

So we can carry on.

I thank the Lord for you,

My true and faithful friends;

To fondly speak with you, whether we agree or not,

On this, our beloved blog;

For sweet friends will stay, no matter what;

Giving support.

Together, our hearts and minds truly unite;

With the amazing love of sweet friends.

In the spirit of true friendship,

Best wishes, my sweet friends;

May the Lord bless you abundantly.

I remain, yours truly,

B.B. Bakampa.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Translate

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Thank you LDC and Goodbye

By Bakampa Brian Baryaguma
[Dip. Law (First Class)–LDC; Cert. Oil & Gas–Mak; LLB (Hons)–Mak; Dip. LP Candidate–LDC]

Recently, on Friday, 2 August, 2013, we, the Law Development Centre (LDC) Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Bar Course) students had our farewell dinner held at Imperial Royale hotel in Kampala-Uganda. It was a wonderful function that was graced by several high profile guests including the Deputy Inspector General of Government, who was our Guest of Honour, the Chief Registrar of the Courts of Judicature, the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and the Dean of Laws–Nkumba University. Others were LDC officials including the Director and his wife, the Deputy Director, the Acting Head of Department, Bar Course, LDC Management Committee members, Professional Advisors, technical support staff and other invited guests. Officially, this ceremony wound up our stay at the Centre, although technically speaking, the course will formally end on 23 August, 2013, when we shall sit our last exam.

Now, as students, we have come a long way; right from 24 September, 2012, when the Centre’s gates were formally opened to us, to start our studies and training. For me, it has been an extremely exciting journey of meeting and making new friends especially, among students from universities other than my beloved Makerere and those from Makerere, but who were slightly ahead of me. Thank you for being my friends. I thank God for all of you because you have been sources of blessings to me in several ways. In particular, thank you for liking me and my opinions, both oral class presentations and written publications on our notice board (also known as “the Bakampa notice board”) and the internet. I remember the day when Ms Rubombora Sarah found me on the notice board reading through the comments some of you used to write on my opinions. “Thank you for the good work,” she said, “Keep it up.” I felt appreciated and happy. Thank you, Sarah. People like you (and they were quite many) kept my spirits burning and I promise to keep up the good work, even outside the gates of LDC and that calls for even more cooperation between us. The future will even be brighter if we continue working together. Let me also take this opportunity to thank my dearest friend, Kigenyi Emmanuels, who soon after our enrolment in first year at Makerere University, advised and encouraged me to write as I had done before, during our stay here at LDC, as Diploma in Law students, in the 2006/2007 academic year. “You should continue writing. People would read and that was very good,” he said. Thank you, my brother, for that wonderful advice that has opened several doors of opportunity for me. If there is anyone out there, who considers himself or herself in any way aggrieved by my activities and writings, then I would like to say that I am sorry. I never intended to hurt you; at least, not without justification. Please, forgive me.

I was privileged to be selected to deliver a speech on your behalf during our farewell dinner and judging from the stream of compliments I have received, I believe I did a good job. I am told that my words were so sweet that some people were left wondering why I still don’t have a girlfriend. I assure you that God will give me a very beautiful and intelligent lady – just the right person for me and my people. Others said they didn’t know that I am good at public speaking too. They thought that I was only good at writing. Well, I am glad that you now know better. You see, when God gives, He gives in abundance and so for me, God has given me the gift of pleasantly and intelligibly playing around with words, among other gifts. Last Friday unveiled glimpses of a statesman in the making, by your support and God’s grace.

One for the road


On Thursday, 1 August, 2013, a section of us paid an exciting visit to Bulange-Mengo, the administrative headquarters of Buganda kingdom, where we presented our humble views regarding the state of affairs in Buganda and Uganda in general, to the kingdom’s State Minister for Tourism. We also contributed financially towards the reconstruction of the Kasubi Royal Tombs (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), burnt down on 16 March, 2010 and bought certificates to support the kingdom’s development projects. Lastly, we interacted on the relevance of traditional cultural institutions in a modern Uganda, federalism, restitution and maintenance of kingdom properties, among others. The details are contained in our document, a copy of which is obtainable from our leader, Mr. Mwesigwa Jonathan or myself.